Thank you for your interest in Fairfield County’s Giving Day! We encourage you and all of our region’s nonprofits to participate in this incredible day of philanthropy.
Fairfield County’s Giving Day is 24 hours to “give where you live.” Individuals, families and companies can go to FCGives.org from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm on February 28, 2019, and donate to their favorite local nonprofits. A series of cash prizes boosts giving and increases enthusiasm for the region’s biggest philanthropic event of the year.
Giving Day supports Fairfield County’s Community Foundation’s mission to promote philanthropy as a means to create change in Fairfield County. We envision a vital and inclusive community where every individual has the opportunity to thrive.
Steps to participate in Giving Day:
- Complete the application below.
- Your application will be reviewed by Fairfield County’s Community Foundation staff.
- Upon application approval, you will be sent a link to register your organization, create your profile and submit your $50 registration fee.*
*100% of the registration fee is used to support and help defray costs associated with Giving Day planning, marketing, and prize pool fundraising efforts and activities.
Early Bird Registration - Organizations that have completed their application by December 1, 2018 will be entered into a random drawing for a $1,000 grant prize. The winner will be announced by December 7, 2018 on FCCF’s Facebook and Twitter.
Registration deadline: You must register by February 1, 2019 to participate.
Giving Day is open to nonprofit organizations that meet the following criteria:
- It is a registered tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)3 of the IRS code
- It is located in Fairfield County, CT OR if located elsewhere, funds raised on Giving Day must directly benefit Fairfield County residents or programs located in Fairfield County.
Special requirement for programs operated within and under a higher-education tax exempt status:
- Specific program, department or scholarship must be listed as the focus of fundraising during the Giving Day campaign
Special requirement for organizations and programs operated with religious intent, mission and purpose:
- Allocate 100% of funds generated through this campaign for non-religious programs, services and activities (i.e. food pantry, educational programs)
- Allow individuals to benefit from the specified program, service or activity without discrimination on the basis of religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status
- Specify the program, service or activity that the funding will support
Your Organization is not eligible for participation if:
- It is a political, labor or fraternal organization
- It is a church, synagogue or similar religious organization (review special requirement for organizations and programs operated with religious intent, mission and purpose above)
- It is a K-12 school (public or private) - PTAs/PTOs are eligible to register if they have a tax-exempt status
- It is a sports program (for example, Little League or Pop Warner)
- It’s only purpose and function is grant making
- It is an organization that denies service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status.
Do you share a Tax ID/EIN?:
If you are an organization that shares a Tax ID/ EIN with a larger entity and both entities wish to participate in Giving Day as separate causes, you must review the following information BEFORE filling out the application.
Your organization may register multiple entities that share an EIN IF you meet ALL of the following criteria. Otherwise, you may register only one entity under the EIN:
- A localized mission or purpose
- A non-staff steering committee or advisory group separate from the parent organization.
- Annual fundraising activities separate from the parent organization.
- A local brand identity separate from the parent organization.
- The approval of the CEO or Director of the parent organization to complete this application process.
Please note that the fiscal sponsor will receive one disbursement totaling all donations minus fees made to the parent organization and any subsequent branches and other organizations participating in Giving Day. It will be up the parent organization to distribute totals to each entity accordingly.
Fairfield County’s Community Foundation reserves the right to determine eligibility. If you have questions about your organization’s potential eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.